Points v. electronic ignition

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Points v. electronic ignition
From: William Killeffer <wkilleffer@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 09:34:16 -0500
I'm still reading the discussion about the merits and drawbacks of the
electronic ignition systems that are out there. I haven't given any
thought to possible dizzy trouble, and don't *think* that it's an issue
on my car at this time. This may sound strange to some and reasonable to
others, but a good part of why I'm willing to consider fitting an
electronic system is that I'm starting to move away from feeling like
the car has to be as close as possible to fully original. It's a baby
step, but who knows where it could lead. The next thing you know, I too
could be talking about my new electric blue paint job or Monza exhaust.
A Monza-type exhaust is looking and sounding like an attractive option.
But seriously, I used to think that I had to keep the car as close to
how the factory made it as I could. This is in no way a criticism of
those people who believe that and treat their cars accordingly. But I
don't think it's the way for me to be anymore.

--
William T. Killeffer
wkilleffer@comcast.net