RE: MGB EFI system from Moss

To: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGB EFI system from Moss
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 10:26:09 -0800
Steve:

Sorry mate, but the superchargers will not be going on sale.  Any time
that you see a product excluded from an Order Value Sale, or other
discount be assured that the price of the product has been cut to the
bone to make it as affordable as possible.

Unfortunately this is the same story with the EFI kit.  Costs increased
during development, so the retail price had to go up above our $1500
target and the margin had to be trimmed to the bone.

Performance from the kit is about the same as a good condition Zenith
would give you, although cold starting and drivability through the rev
range is improved.  As you surmise, the only reason for this kit is to
help owners of the later MGB pass emission tests easier.  There are a
lot of later cars that really have to struggle, both here in California
and other states.

I am recommending that a single carb. manifold be sourced that would
allow the unit to be installed on earlier cars for those people who
prefer not to deal with twin carbs.  Increasing the number of
applications will bring the per unit cost down and make the kit more
affordable.

There are no plans to install the EFI on the supercharger unit as the
resources necessary for development and mapping of the unit are not
available.  I am very much looking forward to what owners do with the
numerous after market injection and control units available.  I know
what my plans are, but there are only so many projects that I can tackle
at a time.

All the best

Kelvin Dodd