Re: Intermittant losses in power

To: "Todd Mullins" <muses@cableone.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Intermittant losses in power
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 14:59:20 -0000
Concentric throttle return springs is about the only advantage in the HIF.
The separate choke mechanism is more to go wrong and has its own O-rings to
deteriorate and leak, plus another on the bottom cover, plus other ports in
the body to block.  And the poppet valve is a positive disadvantage.  I have
HSs on my 73 roadster and HIFs on my 75 V8 and it is always the HIFs that
have given me problems.

PaulH.