Opinions of this welder

To: "MG Mail List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Opinions of this welder
From: "John DiFede" <difejo@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 11:58:56 -0800
Years ago I purchased an inexpensive Sears MIG welder.   115 volts for use
with or without gas.  The welder got me through my MGB sills, floors and rear
quarter panels.

The one thing that I don't have and wish I did is a torch with a trigger that
makes the welding wire "hot" as well as advance.  On my inexpensive unit, the
wire is always hot.   With a cold wire it would be easier to position the
torch when preparing to weld.  When the wire is always hot you can strike the
arc inadvertently.

John