Re: 79B dual carb conversion -- which type of carb?

To: Emjaxfl@aol.com
Subject: Re: 79B dual carb conversion -- which type of carb?
From: "Paul T. Root" <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:56:52 -0600
No, that doesn't get in the way.

If you don't shim the motor mounts to lean the engine over a bit, the
airfilter (foam half sphere type) will interfere. You can either dent in
one of them so it fits, or get the conical K&N filters.

Stock filter canisters will not work.

Assuming that he's going to ebay. The thing to look for mostly is
linkage. It is not available new, so get a set that has everything.
And assume you'll need to do a rebuild on them. Including throttle
shafts and bushings. The Chicagoland MG club tech area has a do-it
yourself reamer for the throttle shafts.

Paul.