Re:

To: Philly_MG_Club@yahoogroups.com, Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:17:37 -0800 (PST)
--- Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com> wrote:

>   A recent survey of my acquaintances reveals that none would
> interfere
> with the ongoing theft as their interest is in getting the sound to
> go
> away as quickly as possible.  Around here, nobody pays attention to
> them otherwise as they are so common.

Agreed.  I hear car alarms going off all the time, but never
in relation to a car theft.  I don't know anyone who, upon
hearing a car alarm, would think "Oh no, a car theft in
progress!  I'd better call the police!"  No, instead they
think "There goes another damned car alarm.  A cat must
have jumped on the hood of the car. They oughtta ban
those obnoxious things!"  The worst ones are the ones
that cycle through a dozen different alarm noises like some
demented sound effects demo tape.  I suppose there's a
chance that the alarm itself might scare away a thief, but
like I said, I've never seen such a thing happen so I
couldn't speak from first hand experience.

David Breneman         david_breneman@yahoo.com