So I shift...follow up on question by Paul

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: So I shift...follow up on question by Paul
From: Mike Torrusio <Miket@maine.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:06:19 -0500
It happens so fast that it is only a perception on my part, but I
think the engine actually stops.  Don't know about the tack.

It happens when I release the clutch, not when I move the shift lever.

Moving the shift lever back and forth with the clutch depressed has
no  effect, nor does depressing and popping the clutch.

Nor, for that matter, does flooring the gas pedal, roaring ahead,
fully releasing the pedal, then flooring it once again.

One last item: I have a standard transmission, no overdrive.

Cordially,
Mike Torrusio