RE: Dog leg metal

To: "Taylor, Todd S" <todd.s.taylor@lmco.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dog leg metal
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:38:25 -0500
Hi Todd,
The Roadster Factory, Moss and Victoria British all carry the repair panels.
I haven't used any of them lately so I can't say if one is superior to
another.  I'd recommend getting a catalogue from each company and compare.
They all have web sites and on-line catalogue ordering.  Moss and TRF also
have on-line parts catalogues for ordering.  You can order on line at VB but
you have to know your part numbers.  Several if not all companies are
running sales right now.

I'd also recommend doing some sanding on the rockers, sills, and around the
rest of the car to check for other damage.  It is very unlikely that you
only have dog leg damage.  If you do you are extremely lucky!  I got looking
around my '66 and found damage almost everywhere - some severe.  The dog leg
had the least damage.
Good luck
Pete