Moment of Truth

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Moment of Truth
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:10:13 -0500
Hello all,
I've been on this list for over 2 years while doing a 100% restoration of a
friend's '66 series 1 MGB, researching and trying my best to get it accurate
and right.

Yesterday, using a 1 amp setting on my battery charger, I've tested out all
the electricals, and chased down a couple of minor glitches. The original
Lucas flasher was no good, so went out and bought a new 3 prong one, carefully
eased open the new and old cannisters, and replaced the innards, carefully
crimping the original cannister shut again. That works like a charm now.

I've installed the twin 6 volt batteries with all the correct as original
hardware.

This morning with plugs removed, I span the engine up on the starter until oil
pressure (finally, after 50 seconds) arrived at the gauge. It takes a while
for the oil to circulate and fill the oil cooler lines, etc. Good thing I'd
installed plenty of lubricant everywhere when building up the engine last
year.

Now the fuel system has pumped up completely, and the moment of truth is
here.

If I don't get interrupted by anything or anybody, I'm going to try for the
engine start up this afternoon. The pressure's on! I can hardly wait for the
stink of new paint burning off and curing on everything!

later,
Rich Chrysler