Re: Moss's new seat belts

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Moss's new seat belts
From: Aaron Whiteman <awhitema@panix.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 12:52:50 -0800
On Mar 12, 2006, at 2:05 AM, Paul Hunt wrote:

> Must be a very strong return spring, or you have very sensitive
> skin.  I've
> driven both my MGs for up to 500 miles and eight hours per day with
> nothing
> like that.

I don't think I have very sensitive skin; this is the first time I've
had real problems in 35K miles with these belts.  I am no stranger to
300+ mile days.  However, this might have been the first longish trip
I've taken since I redid the seats, which changed the driving
position and where the belts want to sit on my shoulder.

Given that my passengers have universally complained about these
belts being tight and unwieldy, I'm willing to blame the belt.  It is
for this reason that I am even considering replacing seat belts that
are less than 5 years old ... as long as the replacement is a
significant improvement on what I have.