RE: attachment points, front fender

To: "Bill Saidel" <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: attachment points, front fender
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 12:15:48 -0800
Bill:

The purists will probably cringe, but I jammed a piece of handy tree
branch into the rocker panel so it prevented the bottom of the fender
from rattling.

There really isn't anywhere to attach to if the lower lip is gone.  I
guess you could run a longish (1") self tapping screw through the lower
section of the fender and into good metal of the rocker about 3" from
the bottom.  This would do the same job as my handy branch.

These areas are going to be replaced when you do the required rust
repair at a later date.

I plan on replacing the bottom of the fender and front rocker some time
later this year.  For now the car drives and the sun is shining.

Kelvin

1970 MGB