Re: Trouble with www.mgcars.org ?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trouble with www.mgcars.org ?
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 08:28:51 -0700 (PDT)
--- Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca> wrote:
> I use Netscape 7.2.  I find IE awful.   I never use MS software if
> I can
> help it.  Practically all my applications are non-MS and I get less
> trouble that way

I'm with you.  However, I know from working in the industry that
many web designers assume that most people will be using Explorer,
and so they validate to that and nothing else.  Of course, that's
a preposterous assumption to make since Microsoft is in the
"embrace and extend" standards-busting business, but it's amazing
how many lemmings follow them off the cliff.

I guess if it still isn't working by tonight I'll try setting
up a new account and see if *that* works.  I know for a fact
that nothing has changed on my end.  I'm entering in the UID
and password that their email says is mine, and all I get is
that error.

I have an XP machine I use for scanning and a few other chores,
but I don't let it on the Internet except for software updates.
I might make a brief exception to test the site with Explorer,
once I've downloaded all the current MacAffee updates.  If it
works with Explorer, something *must* have changed on their end.

David Breneman         david_breneman@yahoo.com