Re: Ethanol, anyone

To: joseph cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Ethanol, anyone
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 11:19:29 -0500
Joseph.

Not without a jet and needle change. And then you may have vapor lock
problems. MG used a methanol blend with their supercharged racing and
record setting cars so it's possible.

However I read that most of todays cars can run 30% ethanol without
problems. I am going to try it by adding the correct proportions of E85
to standard unleaded gasoline as an experiment in my F150 and Datsun 240
Z. They will probably get more use than the TD.

If there are others on the list that drive their MGs alot perhaps we can
experiment and post our results.

For example, if you put in 7 gallons of REGULAR (NOT Gasahol) unleaded
and 3 gallons of E85, you would be just under a 30% alcohol mix,
probably a 28-29% mix.  Anyone want to work out a mix formula?

Regards,
Blake