Re: 102 Octane ...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 102 Octane ...
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 12:58:24 EDT
In a message dated 01/05/2006 9:41:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

... at  11 quid/20 USD per gallon!

____________________________________

And I'm sure you will get people that use it because they somehow think it
is 'better' for their car, even though it will normally result in the same or
inferior power output.

Normal premium at 93 or 94 octane is good for up to 10.5 compression, so
only those with modified engines or the few with 60s cars that actually had
11:1
stock would need to use this sort of fuel.

I get by with 94 on my Lamborghini (10.7) and I believe the big block hipo
Chev motors that were above 11:1 still work on that.

Bill