Re: Stubborn Choke

Subject: Re: Stubborn Choke
From: Aaron Whiteman <awhitema@panix.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 10:53:55 -0700
On May 14, 2006, at 10:01 AM, Barney Gaylord wrote:

> Short radius turns in the cable will aggrevate the friction
> problem.

Barney, thanks for this, it reminded me of a question I needed to ask.

In my '75, I have the choke cable installed in the upper right corner
of the driver's side of the dash, directly above the rheostat.  The
cable takes a couple of nasty sharp bends before it exits the cabin
to the engine in a hole roughly behind the steering wheel.

Over time, the cable housing actually kinked; I now can no longer
apply or disingage the choke without pulling the cable and housing
out of the dash, and straightening the kink out.  I'm sure the kink
has also frayed the cable strands as well, so it is only a matter of
time before I have no choke at all :(

I've ordered a new cable, but before I reinstall, I was hoping for
advice.  In the '72-'76 dash, how is the choke cable best routed.
Anybody have pictures of a factory cable on this era?

--
Aaron Whiteman -- http://www.panix.com/~awhitema/MG/
  '75 B (red for now), HIF4 carbs