Re: A solution to the oil problem - OT, so delete if you don't

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>,
Subject: Re: A solution to the oil problem - OT, so delete if you don't
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 05:12:38 -0700 (PDT)
Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com> wrote:  Jolly good fun.  I can tell you
how it goes, because I worked out the
math.  ASSUME that it actually works, and that it runs indefinitely
with no maintenance cost, and use the test data from the expressway
test.  With gasoline at $3/gal you have to drive that car 413,000
miles to pay back the cost of the unit   To justify the investment in
business sense you have to do that in four years or less.  Still want
to convert your MG?

Well, this is probably one of those scenarios where it's about more  than the
math.... If this really worked (and I have my doubts.....) I'd  consider it to
make myself less dependent on oil..... And of course the price would come down
with development.

    MG content: the downside: would you really want to carry a bunch of  water
around in our MG?? I generally try to keep mine away from  water, as it's
pretty rusty already.....!

Dan D
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - "On the Road Again....!"
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
'04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328