RE: Redline oil Products?

To: "'DONALD TOY'" <dontoy@comcast.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Redline oil Products?
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 21:13:02 -0400
> Hi Guys,
> After a seemingly long absence , due to an email address
> change, I have come back seeking the wisdom of the group.
> After glancing at the first digest it was nice to see a lot
> of familiar names (Bullwinkle, Barney....among others).
> Now the question....I remember a topic a while ago about
> Redline(?) Gear oil products. What is the appropriate type of
> product for a 1954 MGTF Tranny?
> Thanks in Advance,
> Don Toy

I'm going to try the MTL.  I'd say either that or the MT90.  A friend has
been using it in his MGA and loves it.  His trans is rather smooth as
compared to mine, freshly rebuilt.  I use MT90 in my Audi A4 trans and it's
been great.  It's strange, in the coldest weather here in MI the A4 trans is
stiff for 2 shifts, by the time I hit 4th there's no more stiffness.

Safety Fast!

Gordie Bird
'62 MGA
'67 MGBGT