Re: 1971 MG Midget Trouble

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1971 MG Midget Trouble
From: yd3@nvc.net
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 19:50:37 -0500
<<<snip>>>
I am currently on my way to the pool to enjoy some Memorial Day fun.  I
hope
everyone else gets to do the same!
<<<Snip>>>

I went to my mother's old high school, now community center, 30 miles
away for Memorial Day SERVICES. About 150 present in a town of 150.
Heard a nice talk by a former Vietnam vet, and the main speaker of a
Guardsman back from Iraq. Marched out to the cemetary for raising the
flag, wreath laying at the tomb of the unknown, and taps. Back to the
center for lunch and talk with old friends. Only one WWII soldier left.
Most are Korean and Vietnam vets. Only the speaker was an Iraqi vet, but
one of the honor guard was home on leave from where? They're thinking of
closing down the Veteran's post and merging with another. American
veterans aren't as common as they once were.

Blake