Re: identifying transmission?

To: saidel@camden.rutgers.edu
Subject: Re: identifying transmission?
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 11:38:16 -0400
Bill,
   There were two types of OD units, the   D   and the LH.
    The D units have a drain plug at the bottom and two other
plug-looking plugs (usually wired together) that are the non-return valve
and relief valve covers.        The LH units have a small square plate at
the bottom, which can be either blue or black, and beside that is a
rectangular sump-looking bottom plate that is secured with six
fillister-head screws.
    Pictures that may be worth more than 1000 words are in sections Fa
and Fc of the Bentley manual.
    I make the assumption that Moss refers to the LH as the late one, as
they were the second type used on MGBs.
Bob