Brake hose problem

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake hose problem
From: Ron Engelhardt <hardt@sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 14:24:56 -0700
I just spent a miserable morning changing the brake hoses (and all other
brake parts) on my car. The passenger side brake pipe would not unscrew
all the way from the brake hose no matter how big a hammer I used. The
solution was to cut slots up the side of the brake hose fitting with my
Dremel to release the pipe. The cause turned out to be the compression
bulge on the end of the pipe interfering with the threads. I ran the
pipe and fitting through a die to "slim" it down a bit. Worked like a
charm but, all in all, not one of my better MGA memories. BTW just
kidding about the hammer.

Ron
58 MGA
North Bay British Carclub