New Video of first test drive!

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Video of first test drive!
From: "John Roberts" <robe3099@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 17:57:14 -0500
Hello Listers!!

I hope all is well with each of you.

I have made a new video of my MG Midget!  My Dad came over today and we set
the engine timing to just past 5deg TDC.

The brakes are NON-FUNCTIONAL.  That did not stop my Dad from hopping in and
taking the Midget out for a spin in the cul de sac.  Luckily, the emergency
brake does work.

1971 MG Midget, 1275cc.  Total Rebuild, < 1 mile on engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXGlKHBzDyM

QUESTION!:  The engine sounds good and idles nicely.  HOWEVER, when I shut
the engine off I get some serious 'Dieseling'.  The engine rumbles and rolls
for a minute before shutting off fully.

Any ideas about what I can do to prevent this?

Thanks!

John Roberts
Birmingham, AL