Re: mud shield

To: mgbnutt@aol.com, doddk@mossmotors.com, ptroot@iaces.com,
Subject: Re: mud shield
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 06:23:59 -0700 (PDT)
mgbnutt@aol.com wrote:  Hey, Paul and Dan seem pretty clever. How about
fashioning a new one  out of thin aluminum? Seems to me something sturdier than
cardboard  that you can adapt should be simple to find. You can use the old mud
 shield as a pattern. Just a thought.

I  dunno, the cardboard one on my '76 is darned sturdy.... I was replacing  my
lower rad hose yesterday and tried to just sneak my hand between the  mud
shield and the crossmember to try and hold the clamp while I  tightened the
screw but it would NOT budge even an inch.... I didn't  push it, knowing it was
cardboard but I was surprised by how resistant  it was....

Dan D
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - "On the Road Again....!"
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
'04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328