Telescopic shock specs - ??

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Telescopic shock specs - ??
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 15:54:35 -0700
Without getting into a controversy about the utility of this modification, I
was wondering if anyone had any information on the specifications of the
tube shocks that were provided with the Wheelwright conversion kits for
MGBs.

I have the part number (from the box) of one of the shocks (somewhere), but
I don't know if it is for the front or the rear. It is some odd brand made
in Brazil, so it may not be useful, anyway.

The British Automotive website lists specs for rear shocks, but for a
different kit (their proprietary design).

I realize I can remove a shock from the car to get the vital dimensions (eye
diameter, extended length, compressed length), but that only helps if I can
find this information for current major brand shocks, referenced to part
numbers. If anyone is aware of an online source for this type of info, that
would be great.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149