Bench Bleeding

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bench Bleeding
From: "Frank Krajewski" <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 13:46:55 -0400
Happy Fathers Day to all. Fathers Day finds me replacing the clutch mc on my
64 B. I have seen a great deal of discussion on here regarding the need to
"bench bleed" the new mc prior to installation. I am a little curious about
the procedure since all the orifices are open  when the mc is on the bench and
any clutch fluid I use will just exit via any and all of these orifices. Am I
missing something? I have worked on these cars far too long and this one
escapes me.  Is the "bench bleeding" solely to lube the seals inside the new
mc?
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski