Re: HS4 SU carbs, question about numbers on their bodies

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HS4 SU carbs, question about numbers on their bodies
From: ejrussell@mebtel.net
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:42:55 -0400
I'm not sure what the numbers you found mean. However, I would suggest that you
confirm that the pistons move smoothly in the dashpots. With the air cleaners
off, you can use your finger to raise the pistons up. They should move smoothly
with just the slightest (but even) resistance. When released, they should drop
back down quickly.

If they pass that test then you could check that the needles are the correct
number (there should be a number stamped on them) and installed correctly (some
SU's have the needles inserted fully seated, some need to have the shouldered
portion set even with the bottom of the piston.

HTH,
Eric Russell