Front suspension fun (part 2)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Front suspension fun (part 2)
From: "RD Williford" <dan_mgs@verizonmail.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 23:29:24 -0500
Noticed during the attempted front suspension rebuild that neither front lever
arm exhibits any resistance along its travel...

Shouldn't I at least be required to put some effort into upward and downward
movement of the shock A-arm? If none is evident, should I consider the shocks
bad and replace? Or is simply topping off with the appropriate fluid advised
(and just exactly what is the appropriate fluid?)

My last B had tube conversions all around, so am unfamiliar with the
intricacies of lever arm dampers...

Thanks-
Dan
71 BGT