Re: Tie rods and Introduction

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tie rods and Introduction
From: Patrick Harris <smkymtns@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:43:13 -0400
Hello,

I been lurking on the list for a couple of weeks (ever since my dad
picked up a 62 MGA Mk II and I have become a MG mechanic :-) ) and
just wanted to say Hi!  This is my dad's second 62 Mk II.  The first
one he purchased new and I think he has been missing it for forty
years.  I guess us pesky kids had something to do with him abandoning
his first one for more family oriented transportation.  I predict an
A will be in my future as well.  I am amazed at the knowledge on this
list and am grateful that such a resource exists.

On Jul 11, 2006, at 1:44 PM, yd3@nvc.net wrote:

> <<<snip>>>
> You use penetrant,
> <<<Snip>>>
> And not WD-40 which is not a penetrant.

One word - Kroil.  I doubt you will find a better penetrant out
there.  I am a fan and owner of another vintage vehicle, although it
is of the teutonic and military variety, and Kroil has released
stubborn fasteners that time, heat and brute force just won't budge.
Of course, those all help as well.  No financial ties, blah, blah,
blah, just passing on info - http://www.kanolabs.com/

Cheers!

Patrick Harris
Upstate SC