Glovebox key from code (UK)

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Glovebox key from code (UK)
From: "Gosling, Richard" <r.gosling@penspen.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:11:50 +0100
Anyone know where I could get a new glovebox key cut from the lock code?
(preferably in the UK).  There's a number on the barrel that says 931
(I'm not too worried about giving out this number publicly - you'd have
to find my car first, there's nothing in the glovebox worth stealing,
and anyone with a Phillips screwdriver could remove the cover at the
hinges anyway! - I did), which agrees with a number given on my BMIHT
certificate.  But I got the car with no keys at all.

On a similar subject, should the glovebox key also fit the boot lid (on
a GT at least)?  It looks like it should be about the same size, and the
certificate gave me two numbers, one of which must be the ignition/door
locks, so I guess the other should do both boot lid and glovebox?

Thanks all,

Richard & Sammy ('73 Black Tulip BGT)

privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by
return E-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised use
or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Please note that E-mails are susceptible to change.

The Penspen Group shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete
transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any
delay in its receipt or damage to your system. The Penspen Group does not
guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that
this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.