mgb trouble ideling

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: mgb trouble ideling
From: "Bernie" <1971mgb@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:20:09 -0400
from the collective wisdom of the list I come hat in hand asking for help,
Here is what I did,  I gave my "B" a tune up last night, replaced points (set
them at 17) replaced rotor, condenser and rotor cap.
Now I'm having a hard time keeping the "B" idling, I took the distributor out
of the car to do the tune up and marked the distributor collar and clamp  with
magic marker so I know where to set the distributor when putting it back, my
vacuum line is hooked up yet I can hardly keep it idling, the car seems to be
running strong other than the idle, could I have messed up the spark plug
wires when putting them on the new rotarcap?  any and all suggestions of what
to look for to correct the problem would be gratefully appreciated.

71  B