Looking for lifters

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Looking for lifters
From: Larry Colen <lrc@red4est.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 17:37:57 -0700
I'm finally getting close to putting Jasmine's motor back
together. Don at Replikamaschinen is doing the final work on the
cylinder head. He sent me email last night worried about rocker
ratios, and valve bind.

I brought my rockers down today, and it turns out that they aren't in
as good of shape as they should be, so I need to get a set of
rockers.

I'm not planning on revving the motor very high, with the
supercharger, I won't need to. So, I'm not too worried about getting
the absolutely lightest valve train components, but then, I don't mind
lightness either. I'm willing to spend what I need to do it right, but
don't want to spend more than I need.

Don told me that the absolute max valve lift I can get before spring
bind is 0.440", but that I should try to limit it to 0.425".

My cam has 0.297" lift on the intakes and 0.283" on the exhaust (stock is
0.250").

If I assume 0.12" valve lash (is that right for hot?) I get

0.425 / (.297-.012) = 1.491 rocker ratio

Or, alternative a 1.5:1 rocker ratio is
(.297 -.012) * 1.5 = 0.4275" valve lift.

Are these numbers sane and realistic?

What I've been able to find, says that the stock rockers are nominally
1.42:1 but that they may not actually achieve that:
http://www.hi-flow.com/HPYT1.htm
http://www.mgaguru.com/mgtech/tools/ts080.htm

So, I'm looking for a set of quality rockers, up to a ratio of
1.5:1. I'd rather not spend more than I have to, and if I can get a
good set used, I'm very interested. I also have some parts I could
trade.

--
Software that holds your hand is one thing, software that holds your
hand and won't let go is really, really annoying.