Re: Shell V-Power

To: "mg listserve" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shell V-Power
From: "mghirsch" <mghirsch@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 19:06:07 -0500
Max Heim wrote:

Here in California there is no real difference between brands. Premium is 91
octane across the board, with 10% ethanol (or something like that). Certain
brands advertise like crazy how they "clean your engine" to "avoid deposits
on your engine parts" for "better mileage" and "performance", but that is
pretty much bunk. I run premium in my B just so the poor thing doesn't
knock. Later low-compression motors needn't bother.

Some car manufacturers are specifying a specific quality of gasoline. Called
top tier, it is more than octane, it has to do with the additive packages
and impurities.

Also, in Chicago, premium is 93 octane.

Maynard