Vale Roger Waters (Adelaide, South Australia)

To: MG LIST <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vale Roger Waters (Adelaide, South Australia)
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 00:08:29 +0930
We have a Super Sprint event tomorrow (Sunday) here in Adelaide - but
it definitely won't be the same knowing that we won't have the Yellow
Rebel MGTC (V8) Special on the track.

Longtime competitor, friend, MG Car Club of SA Past President and
Life Member - and much more, Roger Waters, passed away a week ago
after a long illness.  In fact, in typical style, Roger competed in a
hillclimb event just a few weeks ago despite being very ill.  His
funeral was on Friday.  His car took pride of place at the ceremony
(helmet and gloves on the bonnet).

This picture of Roger and the "Yellow Rebel" has been on my website
for a few years (some of you may have seen the car featured in
Magazines before) :

http://www.erickson.on.net/mgb/tcspecial.html

I left it a while before mentioning this publicly in the hope that
most who knew Roger well would have found out via the appropriate
avenues by now.

I think I need to get a personal best time tomorrow in his memory.

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia