Alternator wiring.

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator wiring.
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 16:07:45 -0600
I had to replace my alternator... again.

The new incarnation has 5 connectors on it, the old had 3...

Uh...  How do I hook this thing up?  Last time I did it was 8 years ago,
and I fried part of my harness from which my gas guage has still not
recovered.

I have only 2 that I need to hook back up.  One heavy wire.  (That one I
can guess goes to the heavy + connector.)

I have two connectors that go to one wire, but I am not sure which post
to hook them to.  I have an IND (inductor?) a B+ and a B-.

Any sites out there that go over the critical wires?

TIA!

Andrew Lundgren