MGA Brake pipe to union connection stripped

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA Brake pipe to union connection stripped
From: Robert Guinness <rjglaw@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:52:47 -0500
In the dark hours of last night, I believe I stripped (or uncovered that
the DPO had stripped) the connection between the master cylinder's brake
pipe and the 4-way brake pipe union.  The coupling bolt on the pipe just
turns and does not "bite" into the 4-way union threads.  The 4-way union
is rather inaccessible and I am fearful that if I disconnect the other
three connections to remove and inspect the union, I will find that they
too are bodged.  Are there any "tricks of the trade" to get the coupling
bolt to seat in the union threads without removing of the union, or, God
forbid, replacing both the union and  the brake pipe for $75.  Or will I
have to just put the time in to remove them for inspection and
replacement.  I am obviously trying to save work (i.e. precious free
time), which is less than optimal.  But I want to get in the last few
weeks of good driving weather.  Thank you.
--
Robert Guinness
Guinness, Buehler & Murano, LLC

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be protected by
legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that
any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any
attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and delete
this copy from your system.

The Missouri Bar Disciplinary Counsel also requires all Missouri lawyers
to notify all recipients of e-mail that (1) e-mail communications is not
a secure method of communication, (2) any e-mail that is sent to you or
by you may be copied and held by various computers it passes through as
it goes from sender to recipient, (3) persons not participating in our
communication may intercept our communications by improperly accessing
your computer or my computer or even some computer unconnected to either
of us which the e-mail passes through.  I am communicating to you via
e-mail because you have consented to receive communications via this
medium.  If you change your mind and want future communications to be
sent in a different fashion, please contact me AT ONCE.

Thank you for your cooperation.