Re: MGB Carb

To: tburgin1@cox.net
Subject: Re: MGB Carb
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:43:05 -0400
Thomas,
   I have no knowledge of the Weber 45MCHH carb, but did use a '75 MGB
with its Zenith Stromberg as a daily driver, in Maine.   Set up properly,
the ZS would start well down to 10 below, start slowly down to 20 below,
and drove OK after 1/4 mile or so.   This was on a worn engine that had
90.000 miles or so.  Thanks to its heater, the carb did not ice. I
thought it was pretty good for the conditions.
    It could be that yours is in need of a rebuild, a DIY task for a
weekend.
Bob