72 MGB in Chicago

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 72 MGB in Chicago
From: Eric Houkal <erictw1@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 16:51:25 -0700 (PDT)
Hi. I have one too many 72 mgb's. I have owned this car since 1979, it has
spent pretty much all of that time in one garage or another. I did some boy
racer mods to it back in the early 80's, (weber, headers, monza exhaust, flared
wheel wells) and had almost put it back on the road in 1996 when I lost
interest in the project (long sad story).
   At that time I had just spent about 2000 bucks on new interior, top,carpet,
weatherstrip, etc, all of which is still in the boxes. I also have a ton of
used sheet metal, glass, small parts that I have accumulated over the years.  I
also apparently , have a narrow minded vindictive neighbor who complained to
the county about my excessive number of vehicles, so I have to reclaim the
garage to hide a car or two.
   The car has about 48,000 miles on it, ran well when it was put up and I have
no reason to think it will not now, however I am pretty sure that the brakes
are frozen, and the tires are almost certainly dry rotted. The car had solid
floors and trunk last time I looked, and once I clean all the empty boxes off
of it I will verify that.
   Anyway, this is a great start for someone looking for a cbb project, or an
incredible source of parts for anybody. I would like to get the 2K that I spent
on new parts, you can have the rest for free.
   Eric