Re: SU varbs

To: "Thomas L. Burgin" <tburgin1@cox.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU varbs
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 13:28:42 +0100
An AUD 135, perhaps, which is an HS4.  The AUD number is the model number
which denotes things like dimensions, spring type and other variables.
Needles were quoted separately as any AUD number could have a range
according to the application.  The AUD 135 was used on later Mk1 MGBs, then
for Mk2 variously AUD 278, 265, 325, 326, 405, 465, 492 were specified, some
of which were for North American spec and some for the home market.  These
were all HSs, and the differences were relatively minor.  After that HIFs
were used and another series of AUD numbers.

But you would need a pair, surely.  One on its own could well be worse than
the Zenith.

PaulH.