Re: Brake Trouble

To: "mghirsch" <mghirsch@netzero.net>,
Subject: Re: Brake Trouble
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 09:14:23 +0100
Isn't the MGB system front/rear?  Never really could understand that, if the
front fails totally there is no more braking effort left than just from the
handbrake.  Then again, with a diagonal system isn't failure of one circuit
going to throw you out of your lane and either into a ditch or the path of a
damn great truck?  I thought some systems had split front calipers, one with
the rears, so that with either circuit failed you always had some front
brakes, albeit with reduced retardation, but still balanced.

PaulH.