Re: Lumenition help

To: "Phil Bates" <jello@ida.net>
Subject: Re: Lumenition help
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 08:48:37 -0000
Is this an American car?  It's true the original 45DE4 'Opus' distributors
had very poor reliability, many were changed under warranty for the later
45DM4 which were a completely different kettle of fish and were (and still
are) very reliable.  The points type 45D4 as used in the UK is also not a
problem, just the usual worn bushes and springs on very high mileage cars
which they all get anyway.

If this was working and just stopped, and no one has fiddled with the wiring
since, then substitution is your only option.  But if you have got a unit in
one hand and a car in the other (so to speak) and don't know which wires go
where then you will need a connection diagram.  I'm surprised no one else
has chipped in, judging by the number of people that recommend aftermarket
electronic ignition systems (foolish people).  From a quick Google search
these came up as the first two results and include fitting instructions, the
2nd one includes a diagram.  It does depend on which Lumenition system you
have of course, there is at least one contained entirely under the
distributor cap and another with a remote module.

http://www.denaploy.co.uk/autocar/tb05.html
http://www.newtronic.co.uk/PMA50ins.pdf

PaulH.