Need two measurements for an MGB trunk (boot) support...

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need two measurements for an MGB trunk (boot) support...
From: Desmond Mullen <dkmullen@email.unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:38:36 -0500
Hello MG folks,

At an MG club meeting the other night, I discovered that it was _not_ my
imagination. My trunk/boot does not open as wide as it's supposed to.
Apparently the PO cut the latching support arm short for some reason
(damaged?).

I happened to have a spare trunk/boot support at home and after drilling out
the rivets on the brackets (so I could bolt it in place), I discovered that
it is too _long_! (And no, it's not a hood/bonnet support)

So, could someone be so kind as to take two measurements from the trunk/boot
of their later MGB and let me know how it's supposed to measure up? Probably
the best way to do it is to measure the length of the "outer" part that
bolts to the car body, and then measure the length of the whole assembly
when in its latched-open position.

Thanks in advance!

-Desmond
'78 MGB