Re: Here's an oddity on eBay

To: "bjshov8" <bjshov8@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Here's an oddity on eBay
From: Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 20:57:30 -0600
I remember in the late 70s, my friends parents bought a Chevy station
wagon with a 350 diesel engine.
On of those knee-jerk GM engineering jobs. It was slow, loud, and
smokey.

We were looking through the owners manual, when we found, towing of
any sort would void the warrantee on
the engine.

Paul.

On Jan 8, 2007, at 8:42 PM, bjshov8 wrote:

> Conversion shops?  That's the ticket!
>
> My father owns a garage and I remember back in the early 70's a guy
> came by and wanted to set up a deal with us to engineer a diesel
> conversion for pickups.  We would engineer the conversion, he would
> bring us new pickups and new diesel engines, and he would sell the
> converted pickups to people who wanted to pull RV trailers, horse
> trailers, etc.  We weren't sure about the potential market, and
> weren't sure how serious the guy was, so we didn't do it.  Little
> did we know how popular diesel pickups would be someday.
>
> Another conversion story- we have some friends who run a very large
> farm. They irrigate with wells, and use diesel engines to power the
> pumps at the wells.  All of their diesel engines have been
> converted to run on natural gas.
>

>> Swapped out at one of those gas-to-deisel-engine conversion shops,
>> no doubt!

Paul Root
ptrmgb@gmail.com
77 MGB