Re: tools question

To: "Jim Juhas" <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Subject: Re: tools question
From: "Daniel Hackney" <daniel.hackney@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 14:05:17 -0500
Required for safe operation.  I don't relish the idea of exploding sockets.
I just wasn't sure if the action of the less powerful air ratchet put it in
the same class as the impact wrench.  I guess it makes sense, as I think it
is the repeated impact, not the torque, that necessitates uprated sockets.

It's interesting you mention Sears, as my regular sockets are Craftsman.  I
was told by a co-worker that Sears <won't> take back regular sockets if they
think you destroyed it with an impact wrench.   Probably depends on the
store though.

Thanks all for the advice,

-Dan