Re: MGB rocker pedestal shims

To: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: MGB rocker pedestal shims
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 19:59:21 -0600
   The info I read was that the shims put a little bit of a "hump" in
the center of the rocker shaft.  This keeps it from rotating under load.
  This is desirable because there are oil holes in the shaft that must
remain in the proper alignment for valve train oiling.

   If some engines that lately have been torn down lack the shims, it's
the fault of the mechanics who last reassembled them.  The engine in my
B has the shims.

   CR
   '69 B