Grease, Marine grade vs non-marine

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Grease, Marine grade vs non-marine
From: "Eugene Balinski" <eugeneb@nni.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:06:04 -0500
All,

     I need to replace the cartridge in my grease gun.  I
went to a couple of the local auto parts stores only to
find that the selection of greases has changes a lot since
the last time I bought any.

     I presently use Castrol NLGI#2.  I believe that it is
the HD lithium. This was the grease called out in the MG
manual.  The only Castrol grease that I have found  at the
local parts stores is something called "Marine Grade".
  However, in  reading the back of the tube, it says ok for
NLGI #2, wheel bearing, etc.   No drop point or any other
technical info was listed and their web site does not any
info.

    My question is therefore, is the marine grade OK to use
?  Is it compatible with the stuff that I had before ?
  Are their combos of greases that should be avoided ?

Thanks,

    Gene
               80 B

http://www.nni.com/