Re: [MGS] Valve springs

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com>
Subject: Re: [MGS] Valve springs
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 19:57:05 -0500
   OK, so a case in point.  I built a 18 GV-block engine with a '67
head.  I used a cam that was ground on the '66 or '67  profile.  This
was, according to all the info I had available at the time, the best
"stock"  cam that came in the USA Bs.  I used the the dual valve springs
shimmed accordingly, and hardened valve seats, both intake and exhaust.
Also used the long  lifters and short pushrods.  Also using dual-row cam
gear and chain.  I'm using the SU's that came on it, rebuilt, and it
pulls like a train to 6,000.  Never rev it over that.

   My feeling is that you have to tailor the springs to the cam and
valve gear.  Barney sez as much.