Re: [MGS] A little restoration progress

To: Rick Lindsay <rolindsay@yahoo.com>, Eric Erickson
Subject: Re: [MGS] A little restoration progress
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 11:49:01 -0700 (PDT)
Rick Lindsay <rolindsay@yahoo.com> wrote:
Dan, I enjoy preserving the patina for original cars.
A classic can be original only once.  That's important
to preserve when found.  Its history.  My car has been
through a restoration or two in its life so my goal is
to put it back to factory spec, excepting the
incorrect year-model engine, so that it looks and
performs as close to original as a moderate budget
will allow.

-----------------
Funny, my '65 also has an incorrect engine - it appears to have an early 3-main
bearing engine. I have 2 GB blocks (GB is the correct series for my car) but
not sure what I am going to do yet.

      Dan D
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - "On the Road Again....!"
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
  '04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328
  http://dans65b.blogspot.com/