[MGS] Turn signal indicators

To: MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [MGS] Turn signal indicators
From: Rick Lindsay <rolindsay@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 10:45:40 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Friends,
   The turn signal indicators on the dash of my '70
MGB won't come apart.  Revision: I can't get them
apart without risking damage.  I can unscrew the bit
on the back until the metal part binds on the internal
plastic.  It looks like the green plastic bit has
melted a little and mushroomed preventing the metal
unit from unscrewing completely.  Any of you
experienced this problem?  I have two new green lenses
for the units but I am afraid that I will damage
something terribly if I force a solution.

One plan is to use the Dremmel and a very small
stone/rasp to grind away the green plastic that is
preventing the back part to unscrew from the front
bit.  I think this is a safe bet but I thought I would
toss the idea to you in case I am missing something
critical - like, "Squeeze the edges of the plastic bit
and it pops right out, dummy!"

Any of you faced this issue?  I'd like to get the
lenses out so I can put the final spray finish on the
dash.  Until now, I have just sprayed over the lenses
(knowing they are to be reconditioned).

Advice?

Rick