Re: [Mgs] will pay for a MG Midget Hub

To: <raspberrybanana@juno.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] will pay for a MG Midget Hub
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:57:11 +0100
If the *wheel* is loose it could be one or more of several things - loose
wheel nuts, badly adjusted hub shims or very badly worn bearings, worn
swivel axle bushes, worn upper and lower wishbones, either outer or inner.
If the play is only when rocking the wheel from side to side and not top and
bottom it could be track-rod ends, rack, etc.

This is what I'd be looking at on an MGB, I don't know how the Midget
varies.  Before you splash out for anything else you need to know where the
play is coming from, diagnose is cheaper than parts replacement willy-nilly.
In the case of MGB bearings there is *supposed* to be slight play, this is
the end-float which is set by shims.  As I say I don't know whether that
applies to the Midget.

PaulH.