Re: [Mgs] Two 12 volt batteries

To: toms_mg@tombuchanan.net,mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Two 12 volt batteries
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 18:33:07 -0400
Without seeming to be a smart sod, why would anyone want to be
plugged into the 'net continually?   Why don't you get smart and
organise your life......  and work !!

I was at a car show today and had to give a chap a telephone number -
He asked his two daughters if they had a pencil - Neither had pen or
paper.  He launched into high efficiency high tech and asked them to
text the number to him - but both their cell phone batteries were
flat - They were in complete confusion, so I got a scrap of paper and
pen from the MGB.  The latter I showed them as my "high tech" device
and how it was switched on!!!!!  I wrote the number on the scrap of
paper and gave it to the chap.  I advised both girls to go really
really high tech and keep pen and paper in their handbags !!!

At 09:40 AM 6/17/2007, toms_mg@tombuchanan.net wrote:
>    I travel around alot with a laptop with a cellphone hooked so I can
>stay connected to the internet. There are times that the computer will
>run the battery down when I leave it on too long with out the engine
>running. What I'm planning to do is to put two 12v batteries (one in
>each battery hole in my early 74 B) connected in parallel which will
>still give me 12v but twice the usage time or twice the cranking time
>(I'll use marine battery clamps so I can take advantage of straps
>instead of "T" clamps).
>    I also plan to put a battery cutoff switch on the jump seat wall behind
>the driver's seat on the negative side.
>    Does anyone see any problems with my plans?
>
>Thanks
>Tom

Regards
Barrie