Re: [Mgs] carb leak

To: "Rick Lindsay" <rolindsay@yahoo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] carb leak
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:29:59 -0600
I would have to check for sure. On my 71 carbs, they are not the same
and not interchangeable without work rerouting the main fuel line. One
lid has three ports (inlet, outlet to other carb, overflow) and the
other has just inlet/overflow. I was hoping maybe someone had HS4 parts
they would sell. I know I got a carb dashpot and piston from a lister a
few years back.

The possible bad lid is the two port lid. I cannot see any discernable
cracks and suspect the leak might be in the casting with the inlet or
overflow brass tubing connection to the lid but that's just a guess.

David